Synergetic Play Therapy Certification Training
2017-2018 US and Canada Programs begin this September
Become a Certified Synergetic Play Therapist™
“Where do I begin? This training provided so much growth for me personally and professionally. I feel like I have a better understanding of the process and how to facilitate growth within my client and within myself. This has been a life-changing experience.” -Lindsay Ishman, LCSW, LAC, RPT-S
Are you ready to take your Synergetic Play Therapy skills to the next level? Are you ready to expand your understanding of interpersonal neurobiology and take your ability to help a child heal to a whole new realm of possibility? Are you ready to dive deeper into the Synergetic Play Therapy Process as you learn how to embrace yourself, your magnificence and tap into a higher state of authenticity?
If so, we invite you to embark on a nine-month experience that will take your confidence and skill level to the next level, so that you can love yourself and support your child clients in loving themselves more fully. It will be nine months of magical moments and transformation. Please note that in order to participate in this program, you must have access to working with children.
To apply, please check the prerequisites and submit a one-page letter answering the questions in the “How to Apply” section, both of which appear in the tabs at the bottom of the page. Additional information on costs, our package deal and dates can also be found in the tabs section below.
The Training & What You Will Learn:
“Lisa Dion has created a training program that both increases the efficacy of play therapy and also leads therapists on a journey of authenticity.” -Andrew Rose, LPC
The Training… During the nine months, you will attend one three-day and one five-day Synergetic Play Therapy Training Retreat in Boulder, CO or Vancouver, British Columbia, six three-hour monthly classes (live or webinar) and monthly one-hour individual supervision (live or webinar depending on where you live). Find details on specific topics you will learn in the tab section at the bottom of the page.
- September: Launch with three-day Synergetic Play Therapy Training Retreat, One hour of individual supervision
- October and November: Class (live or webinar), One hour of individual supervision per month
- December: One hour of individual supervision
- January: Five-day Synergetic Play Therapy Training Retreat, One hour of individual supervision
- February through May: Class (live or webinar), One hour of individual supervision per month
What You Will Learn… Participants will gain a greater understanding and KNOWING of the below listed topics in Synergetic Play Therapy, as well as an in-depth look at the neuroscience and research behind the model. We ask therapists to go within to further ask the question, “Who am I?” The goal during these nine months is for therapists to bring forth their authentic selves, with the understanding that as the authentic self emerges therapists can increase their capacity to facilitate deeper and more complex processes within the child. Therapists will also learn more of the details of the application of SPT and develop a greater understanding about why we do what we do in the playroom. And they will have the opportunity to fine tune their skills. Subjects that will be covered include:
* Awareness, Mindfulness and Attention * Attunement and Transitions * Mirror Neurons and Neurobiology * Regression and Nonverbal states * Attachment Processes and Biology of the Nervous System * Working with Parents * Adoption, Sensory and Trauma * Biology of Emotions and * Windows of Tolerance * Narratives and Perception * Working with families and groups * Working with pre-teens and teens * Goodbyes and Endings * Non-directive versus Directive * How to explain Synergetic Play Therapy * Charting cases and understanding the child’s process *
Participants will also participate in individual supervision each month. Video observations, additional assignments and readings will also be required in order to maximize learning and integration of the material.
What You Get!
“Lisa has taught me to be a whole person-mind, body and spirit. I experience a deeper level of connection and trust than ever before with myself, my clients and in my personal relationships. I contribute much of that to the work I have done with Lisa! Thank you, Lisa!” -Jordan Yost, MA
The best part of this training is what happens to YOU! We designed this program to not only help you learn how to facilitate your child client’s healing, but also to awaken your authentic self and show you how to access the truth inside of you! (Priceless!)
Plus, get *FREE* Access to the Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Membership Site. In addition to the classes, retreats and supervision you will have nine months of access to the exclusive Certified SPT Membership Site—a value of $1,000+! You’ll be able to watch 40+ training videos designed specifically for advanced students and participate in an extra monthly webinar with Lisa to discuss additional advanced topics. You’ll have access to archived recordings of past advanced webinars, weekly blog posts and podcasts, plus discounts on other Play Therapy Institute of Colorado classes. Best of all, you’ll be a part of the worldwide Synergetic Play Therapy community.
OK I want to apply! What next? If you’re interested in participating in this one-of-a-kind training program and have completed either the Intro to SPT course or attended a six-day SPT Intensive, please submit a one-page letter answering the questions in the “How to Apply” section in the tabs at the bottom of the page.
How do I become Certified? Check out the tab at the bottom of the page to see the prerequisites you need to become a Certified Synergetic Play Therapist.
Don’t feel ready yet? Not a problem. Sometimes we just need another year to get comfortable and practice before diving into a more advanced skill set. If this is the case, you are invited to have ongoing supervision for a year and apply the following year.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at the Play Therapy Institute of Colorado!
If you have completed the pre-req and would like to apply for this course, please send an email to email@example.com addressing the following information.
- Why would you like to become certified in SPT?
- How long have you been using SPT and what SPT classes have you taken?
- What have you discovered is a strength using this therapy modality and what have you discovered is your growth edge?
- In what capacity will you have access to children during the nine-month course?
- Is there anything else you would love for us to know about you?
- Make sure to put your name and contact information on your application;
- Please email your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “SPT CERT APPLICATION” in the memo line.
- Minimum of 350 client contact hours using the model. Hours accrued during Intro to SPT program, Intensives and post supervision of these courses count towards these hours;
- Six additional monthly supervisions to make sure you are ready (cost included);
- Nine-month Certification Program (cost included);
- Demonstration of skill set specific to SPT;
- Observation and evaluation of 20 sessions–10 self and 10 other;
- Completion of the Growing Up in Play Therapy class (live or webinar) and the Integrating Extremes: Aggression and Death in the Playroom Video Class on our E-Learning site (cost included);
- Retake the Intro to SPT class every three years (just the classes, no consultation), so that you can stay on top of the latest changes. Course is offered at 75% off the price for re-cert and you receive CE credits
- Attendance at Six-Day Synergetic Play Therapy™ Intensive Training with post supervision; or
- Internship or Externship focused on Synergetic Play Therapy; or
- Attendance at six-month Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy Class with post supervision
Check out the Certified Synergetic Play Therapist Package Deal! We’re offering the webinars, retreats and individual supervision for an affordable $4400 (normally $5000). With this package you save $600! We’re also throwing in nine months of *FREE* access to the exclusive Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Membership Site & Community (a $1,000 value) . For $4,400 you get:
- Nine-month Certification program—webinars, retreats and supervision;
- Six months of additional supervision- ideally to occur before start of 9 month program;
- Two full days learning how to use sand and art in the playroom—directive and non-directive approaches with a Synergetic Twist;
- Growing Up in Play Therapy, a six-hour course where you will learn about the developmental and emotional stages of growth in the playroom;
- Video Course: Integrating Extremes: Aggression and Death in the Playroom;
- Nine months of FREE access to the exclusive Certified Synergetic Play Therapy Membership Site.
- Over 100 hours of training and supervision with 80+ APT CE credits towards Registered Play Therapy Credentials included.
Save more if you pay in full, or sign up for a payment plan. If you want to save even more money, you may pay in full and receive another $400 off! Can’t do that, no problem. We have three payments plans—Nine-Month Plan, One-Year Plan and 15-Month Plan.
A $500.00 deposit is due at the time of acceptance into the program.