Discounts on Courses
As a member, you will receive a 15% discount on all programs run out of the Play Therapy Institute of Colorado (except the SPT Intensives). This will help you stay current with your CE credits at an affordable rate. Stay tuned for course descriptions and discounts for members!
*NEW* Professional Development Webinars
Monthly Webinars will offer an ongoing LIVE way for you to connect with and continue to learn about Synergetic Play Therapy from Lisa Dion. You will have monthly live access to her as she addresses advanced Synergetic Play Therapy application in the playroom, covers the latest news in neuroscience and updates you on the latest news in the Synergetic Play Therapy Community. As a member, you get to request topics specific to your needs!
With this new membership site, you'll be able to easily stay plugged into the growing and thriving Synergetic Play Therapy community. Stay connected with your colleagues, and keep learning via affordable online courses.
*NEW* Lessons from the Playroom Podcasts
Easily access all the bi-monthly Lessons From the Playroom Podcasts in one spot, including the accompanying notes and additional resources. Upcoming topics include: Using Transition Objects (Navigating Endings); Using the Bop Bag; Play Therapy with Pre-Teens and Teens; Facilitating Observational Play and so much more!
Highlight Your Business
All current Certified Synergetic Play Therapists are listed on our "Find a Therapist" page (See SPT certification requirements below). However, members' listings will be highlighted with a link to your website and add a 100 pixel by 100 pixel photo of you or your business logo.
*NEW* Training Videos & Audio Lessons
Lisa has already developed and will be adding new monthly training videos regularly to the Institute's already extensive video & audio training library, with the aim of further developing your Synergetic Play Therapy skills. Continue to learn the nuances of the application of SPT and stay on the ball when you run into those tricky situations. Best part is that as a member, you get to request video topics!
Get the latest news from the world of neuroscience and Synergetic Play Therapy, plus first dibs on trainings and workshops, great discounts on courses, updates from research projects and so much more.
Where in the World is Lisa?
Synergetic Play Therapy is on fire! As more and more people are experiencing the wonders of SPT, word is getting out. And Lisa has been asked to present across the world from British Columbia to California and Australia to England. Be a part of the movement and learn how you, too, can support others in learning how to be themselves in the playroom!
Not yet Certified? Here is a reminder about the requirements....
- Minimum of 350 supervised client contact hours using the model. Hours accrued during Intro to SPT program, Intensives and post supervision count towards these hours;
- Nine-month Certification Program;
- Demonstration of skill set specific to SPT;
- Observation and evaluation of 20 sessions--10 self and 10 other;
- Completion of these additional play therapy courses offered at the Institute: Art in Play Therapy, Sand in Play Therapy and Growing Up in Play Therapy (live or webinar);
- Read Integrating Extremes: Aggression and Death in the Playroom and take the book test;
- **Important** Retake the Intro to SPT class every three years (just the classes, no consultation), so that you can stay on top of the latest changes. Course is offered at 75% off the price for re-cert and you receive CE credits.
Check Out a Free Video from the Archives:
"Getting on Track When You are Lost in the Process."
© Play Therapy Institute of Colorado 2016 – Transforming the lives of children and professionals worldwide